Friday, December 28, 2007

The darkest day in Pakistan - Benazir Bhutto assasinated...

STI went down 31 pts to close at 3445 with a volume of 1.2 billion. Dow went down a lot - down 192 pts (1.42%) to close at 13,359. Haven't seen Dow dropped so much in a while. Could be news that Benazir Bhutto was assasinated. My sincere condolences for this brave woman.

Wasn't monitoring the market since I'm out for a good part of the day. I saw that overall it didn't drop that bad...still okay. Still, a little part of me is still hoping that 2007 will end with a good note. Well, we still have half more trading session on next Monday to conclude 2007. Haha, it's funny when I saw the top gainers today...STX PO, China rail...STX PO warrants...more china rail warrants :)

Today I borrowed even more books. Can't help it...whenever I'm in the library, I have to grab some books. As a result of this 'addiction', I have like a huge pile of books in my 'in' tray, haha, waiting for me to clear. I'm reading a management book by Jack Welch together with Suzy Welch, called Winning. Interesting concepts, but too bad, not very applicable for me :)

I'm gng to chalet for a year end party, ending 30st, so probably won't be around. Haha, have fun and most importantly, reflect what you've done in the past year. I'll do that too :P

0 comments :