Monday, March 23, 2015

My Two Rolex

I never wanted to have a Rolex. But today I realised that I have not just one, but two! Two Rolex right in front of me and I didn't know!




A Rolex watch is a status symbol, a hallmark of those who had arrived. But I think I'll never ever buy one. I prefer my time pieces to be digital, so that time telling is precise. I also need my time pieces to have a stop watch, water resistant, have night light and able to tell the date accurately. I'm slightly allergic to leather and dislike those thick metal straps because the weight will cause the watch to slide down my bony wrist. All these restrictions and preferences make it highly unlikely that I'll ever buy a Rolex.


So where did I get my two Rolex from?


My two Rolex are priceless. Even with money, you can't buy it. It's also limited edition and it's out of production worldwide. It's not made of cold steel and definitely won't cause irritation to my wrist. It tells the time gently by a little nudge, perhaps a little pinch. Quite water resistant, but if you soak it in water for too long, the surface might get a little crinkled, but nothing is damaged permanently. It grows old with time but always soft to the touch. Both the Rolex fits my hands perfectly - sometimes the strap holds it strongly and sometimes loosely. It seems to have a mind of its own. When I made it angry, it will refuse to wrap around my hands. The pinches are a little more painful and time seems to slow to a crawl. When I made it happy, it will refuse to leave my hands. Its warm touch quickens my heartbeat and makes me smile.


Limited edition Rolex. Value: Priceless

4 comments :

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

LP,

I've always remember the first time I held her Rolex better than the first kiss, the first this and the first that...

There are then, when our 2 Rolexes meet, I can usually tell from the warmth (or lack of) whether this will be a summer fling affair or a relationship that can take us further...

I'm the man with the slow hands.

la papillion said...

Hi SMOL,

'When our Rolexes meet'...beautiful :)

Our hands can tell a lot about us. Thanks for sharing your story about your Rolex ;)

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

LP,

When I invite my friends to my place and was asked what they should bring along with them, I used to answer: "just bring 2 bunches of bananas."

Your post give me a new idea. Next time I will ask my guest to bring along their 2 Rolex.

la papillion said...

Hi Sanye,

2 bunches of bananas, haha! I never thought of that as well, thanks for introducing that to me :)