Friday, March 07, 2008

Rebirth of the Phoenix

It's becoming more and more apparent that we are entering a bear market. Volume starts to thin out, less buyers in the market, fall in prices more than rise in prices. I believe STI made a new low today...possibly going to find some reprieve around 2600 to 2700, as some had pointed out.

I think this is going to be a test on me. I am not confident of my investing, because my results do not show it. I'm still making quite a loss, due to my previous trading on longcheer and warrants. All these effort to reduce the magnitude of my error...it's not a feeling easy to swallow. It doesn't help that almost all my counters went down below their purchase price, underscoring my lack of knowledge on the intrinsic value of business. Yes, I admit that I didn't know valuation then and I'm paying literally for the mistakes now.

Such is the price I have to pay for such a grave mistake committed in the past.

But one should not live in the past, nor worry too far into the future. The moment is now; what can I do so that I won't repeat the mistakes again? As a proverbial phoenix, the older me had passed on and turned into ashes. A new phoenix shall then reborn from these very ashes and so a new life shall begin for me.

1 comments :

Unknown said...

"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around"



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259711/quotes