Sunday, November 18, 2007

True spirit of Amelie Poulain

Come this Christmas eve, someone will be having a little surprise.

Let me enlighten. Me and my gf are watching a movie at Cathay Handy Road (we're watching Beowulf - don't like it...too CG-ish). She wanted to draw some cash from the nearby ATM machine, so I tagged along. While she's doing her stuff, I saw a slip of receipt that is on top of the machine. Picking it up, I remarked to my gf that this person is quite a poor thing. After withdrawing $20 from his/her account, he/she is left with only $3.35.

My gf suggested transferring $10 to this poor soul to tide him/her over :) I thought about it for a while and thought why not. When I went home, I transferred $10 to that person and typed "Merry Xmas", with the amount to be transferred over on the eve of Christmas this year.


In the true spirit of Amelie Poulain, we spread a little happiness to another person. I've never done this before. Maybe you should too :) Pay it forward, literally, haha

----------------------------
Haha, interestingly, I did a little fun survey about what kind of mythological creature I am. Turns out I'm a centaur :) At least I'm not chimera or medusa, haha

You Are a Centaur

In general, you are a very cautious and reserved person.
However, you are also warm hearted, and you enjoy helping others in practical ways.
You are a great teacher, and you are really good at helping people get their lives in order.
You are very intuitive, and you go with your gut. You make good decisions easily.

4 comments :

sm@ll.fry said...

Hi lp,

Wow can't believe you actually did that?! Think the lucky soul will be very surprised come this X'mas! On the other hand, will this person even notice the additional $10??!!

Nontheless, Thanks for the little effort in making this a better world!
fishman

Paul said...

hi!

I have been following your blog for sometime.

it's really heartwarming to know that you did something like that.

kudos and continue bullying the bear.

pau

la papillion said...

Hi fishman and pau,

It's a moment of insanity that overides all the normal workings of a rational mind. I always think that in this world, rationality/logic need not be the only way to base one's decisions upon.

Though I'm normally sane and pretty rational (not to mention practical - maybe a hint of stingyness), I welcomed this feeling of pure madness in my life. Perhaps a shred of hopeless romantic can still be found in my bones afterall :)

Do something that surprises you everyday, ya?

Jon Sigurdsson said...

Ha!
That's such a nice thing to do.

I wonder what it'd be if it turns out the other person has a secondary bank account filled with unimaginable riches though
Australian Shares to Buy