Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bullythebear T-shirts!

I woke up at 430am with the moon smiling at my face.

I'd this eureka moment where I'm unable to get back to sleep until the thing that bothers me is blogged away. So here I am, typing out an article in the wee hours of Sunday. I like this period of time, because it's extremely quiet and peaceful. If not for the bloody hot weather, I'll say it's quite a good moment to reflect.

Yesterday when I'm at work, I was so bored that I doddled onto the back of my student's worksheet. My camera isn't fantastic, so it looks like this:




(I even have to brighten it up...gosh, I need my camera back)
There's so many things wrong about this picture since it's only a draft, but there's one thing right. It got me thinking how I can make a difference to people.

I've been designing T-shirts for like ages, ever since I was elected as the chairperson in my secondary school in sec 3. Banners, notice board, t-shirts, class flags, publicity materials....you name it, probably I've done it before. Even the ads above the cbox and the header are designed by yours truly. These are some of my works done in university:

This is a publicity material for a camp. Since I'm in civil engineering, I showed a picture of a truss with the caption "It's fun....trusses.". I wonder if people get my joke. Either way, this is the one that is selected for pamphlets to advertise the event.


This one below is the actual T-shirt design. I'm quite surprised to find it actually, after 9 years? My love of cats probably crystallised from there, haha :) Renatus is the theme for the camp.



The point here is that I like to design things. Financial achiever's post on how to make use of talents wisely probably set me thinking how I can do something for others. How about if I design T-shirts for bullythebear and donate the proceeds to charity? It might not be much, but together we can create a ripple that sends lots of good vibes to all :) Besides, here's the advantages of having a t-shirt:


1. We'll be the coolest people in the financial blog segment of Singapore!


2. We can do a bit of charity to help those in need!


3. We can have a common identity during our numerous meet ups!


Worthy goals? I just need a show of hands on who is willing to buy it. I really don't know the price yet. I'm thinking like $30-40 per piece? Of course, if there's more people, it'll can be cheaper and there's more room for negotiation. After covering my costs, I'll just donate the proceeds. I'm not out to make a profit on selling t-shirts.




But let's not worry about the details. Once I see a healthy response of 10-20 people, I'll start designing and you'll see if you like it. We can work out the details on payment, the charity and all the rest once the big picture is settled. I just want to test the response, so even if you say yes under the comments and back out, I'm fine. No obligations really.

Do you want to make a difference? Start the spark within you.

18 comments :

Gohsip said...

Hey LP!
I'll be the first customer! count me in. how about bully-the-chicken T too?

AK71 said...

Hi LP,

You do have an artistic slant. Just have to compare your blog to mine and it's obvious. ;)

I say harness your talent!

Createwealth8888 said...

How about BullytheBear's Couple T-Shirt and the duo wearing them at every outing?

la papillion said...

Hi goh,

Thanks! You're the best :)

la papillion said...

Hi Ak,

I love to do designing works. I always say that if not for the practical bend in me, I'll be an artist.

Thanks for your encouragement :)

la papillion said...

Hi bro8888,

Haha, no lah, this one is for a greater good :) At most, if not enough pple wants it, I'll do it for myself :)

Derek said...

Hi LP,

Why didn't it struck me earlier. I'm looking for someone to design a logo for my site and those designers on the web are looking for an exorbitant amount.

Just wondering if you are interested? If so, we can discuss further.

PanzerGrenadier said...

Hi LP

You have design flair!

Count me in for a t-shirt. :)

Be well and prosper.

Lemizeraq said...

Hello La Papillion,

On, I'd want one too.

It'd be nice to put your finance site on the t-shirt at the back with everyone else and when we wear it, we get free advertisement too :)

Cheers!

la papillion said...

Hi Derek,

Haha, just contact me then :) I see what I can do to help you.

la papillion said...

Hi PG,

Thanks for your support :)

la papillion said...

Hi Lemi,

Thanks for the support :)

Oh, you mean put all the links behind the t-shirt? Wah, that's not a very good idea - too messy, haha!

Anonymous said...

count me in LP :)

HH

Derek said...

Maybe we can pay for our website to be printed on the T-shirt. Like those F1 track suits, where different sponsors pay to have their logo worn on the F1 drivers.

Cheers!

la papillion said...

Hi HH,

Thanks for the support :)

la papillion said...

Hi Derek,

Haha, we can work this out once the logo is designed :) You might even do a T-shirt of your own too :p

Anonymous said...

i saw ur design before! tat was eons ago!

la papillion said...

Hi anonymous,

Haha, you're from CE, NUS too? Yes, I guess it's a long long time ago :)